Current Openings (Hardware Engineering Manager)
Hardware Engineering Manager
Manager level position with emphasis on supervising Hardware and Product Engineering Team. Responsibilities include managing day-to-day activities of development resources, define and develop various HW design processes, conduct and participate in various design reviews, and work with Operations on various product engineering tasks. Some amount of hands on development activity such as design for high speed interfaces, PCB layout, simulations, component selection and support to manufacturing /customer support on various activities is expected. This is a product development position requiring thorough background in developing high end systems including high speed simulation, layout guidance, RF and electrical measurements, and working with Mechanical Engineering resources for enclosure design and associated sub-assemblies.
- Manage Hardware and Product Engineering teams.
- Conduct and Participate in various high speed circuit simulation and circuit design reviews and be responsible for system design and functionality.
- Manage PCB layout resources and work with outside PCB layout service providers.
- Knowledge in high speed (>10Gbps) layout is required.
- Manage Hardware Development schedules and interact with Engineering Program Managers to ensure product functionality.
- Manage development of system and board level tests and test procedures to ensure that the product meets electrical and engineering specifications.
- Use these procedures to transfer products to Operations.
- Manage with mechanical engineer to design product enclosure and cross check with electrical designs.
- Manage design and implementation of unit characterization tests, production tests and integration tests.
- Supervise execution, analysis, and verify test results.
- Supervise EMC and CE certification as necessary.
- Support Manufacturing and Customer Support on various issues.
- Work with Doc Control on ECOs and associated processes.
- Minimum of 10 years of system/board level design exp. designing and developing high end, high speed embedded platforms including latest bus topologies, CPU, and memory interfaces.
- Minimum of 5 years of exp. managing cross platform engineering teams.
- Excellent knowledge of high speed (25Gbps or higher) design methodologies and simulation, including latest technologies such as 100G Ethernet, PCIe, and DDR3/4.
- Excellent knowledge of Optical Networking design techniques and FPGA implementation.
- Excellent knowledge in high speed circuit design, implementation and measurements.
- Experience in developing and implementing design processes.
- Good knowledge of manufacturing processes and taking a product from development into manufacturing. Good interpersonal, organizational and communication skills.
- Working knowledge of various EMC/EMI control methods and implementation at PCB/component level.
- Working experience with various schematic entry tools and test/measurement equipment including high speed, real time oscilloscopes, network/spectrum analyzers, and logic analyzers.
- Strong system development experience with holistic approach.
- Team player.
- Be able to share knowledge, learn from others, and support other groups within an organization.
Education: BS/MS in EE or CE (MS preferred)