Current Openings (Sr. Embedded Software Engineer)
Sr. Embedded Software Designer
If you are a Software Design Engineer with extensive experience in embedded designs, NetQuest is looking for you!
Responsibilities include all aspects of Embedded System development of communication systems equipment for processing high speed packet traffic in real time at 100 Gbps and above. Responsible for performing all design steps from conceptual design and design specifications to coding, simulation, debug, test and integration with target HW.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualities and background:
- 10)+ Years of experience in the development of Embedded Systems using realtime and/or Posix based operating systems running on 32/64-bit processors.
- 2+ years experience with Linux user space application development, preferably in an embedded environment.
- Programming of embedded systems using high level language (C/C++ strongly preferred) as well as assembly.
- Experience with hardware operations and programming interfaces (reading schematics, implementing devices interfaces, etc)
- Familiarity with IDEs (CodeWarrior highly desirable), revision control, software quality tools (Lint, TDDs, code-coverage, etc)
- Familiarity with Windows development environment and tools.
- Experience with entire product life cycle, from design through deployment, including support and enhancements.
- Excellence in technical communication skills with peers.
- Familiarity with development for embedded telecommunications (OTN/SONET-SDH)/communications/networking equipment.
- Familiarity with lab development equipment such as oscilloscopes, analyzers, emulators, etc.
- Knowledge of Linux kernel development, including Linux device driver development and Linux Kernel configuration.
- Familiarity with board bringup, bootloaders (i.e. U-Boot), BSPs.
- Familiarity with shell scripting.
- Linux based GUI development and/or Linux based embedded web server.
- NXP PowerPC/QorIQ processor family experience is a plus.